By Joel Dansby* on Aug 9, 2023
Goal-setting. It's the bread and butter of success across so many domains. But are you only scratching the surface? Dive deeper. A financial professional doesn't just help connect the dots; they can help you reveal additional possibilities you hadn’t even considered!
Let's explore why.
1. Goals You Never Knew You Had
Uncover the Hidden Treasures
We all have dreams tucked away. But what about the dreams you haven't dreamt yet?
- Think Big: Getting outside of your head and speaking with a professional can help unearth those big goals you never knew were buried inside you.
- Get Specific: According to recent research, 73% of individuals discover new financial priorities when presented with a master list of goals.1 It's not just about wealth; it's what wealth can do. A dream vacation, a secure retirement, or even a spaceship to Mars (okay, maybe not that last one, but you get the idea).
2. Prioritizing and Refining Goals: The Golden Touch
Find Your True North
Once the goals are out in the open, it's time to prioritize.
- Sort Them Out: What's urgent? What's important? A professional can help you prioritize what’s important. When you’re up close and emotionally involved in the planning process, it can be hard to account for hidden biases.
- Refine, Refine, Refine: Like sculpting a masterpiece, chisel away the excess to reveal a clearer vision of what’s possible and right for you.
3. The Power of Possibilities: Why Limit Yourself?
Expand Your Horizons
The exposure to new ideas and possibilities is like a gust of fresh air in a stuffy room.
- New Perspectives: It’s important to have a conversation with someone who has been exposed to many different perspectives, scenarios, goals, and strategies. A financial professional can help you see your financial landscape from angles you have yet to consider.
- Endless Opportunities: What if you're limiting yourself without even knowing it? How would you know what’s possible with a little more forethought and planning? A financial professional can help you see beyond the obvious, encouraging you to explore and define a plan that works for you.
Don't Go It Alone
Setting financial goals is an essential step in achieving success, but it doesn't have to be a solitary journey.
Engaging with a financial professional can help you discover and clarify hidden or unrefined financial aspirations you may have.
It's more than just crunching numbers; it's about understanding your unique financial landscape and turning those numbers into actionable plans.
Partner with a professional, and take a thoughtful, informed approach to your financial future. After all, finance is not just about numbers; it's about making those numbers work for you.
This content is developed from sources believed to be providing accurate information. The information provided is not written or intended as tax or legal advice and may not be relied on for purposes of avoiding any Federal tax penalties. Individuals are encouraged to seek advice from their own tax or legal counsel. Individuals involved in the estate planning process should work with an estate planning team, including their own personal legal or tax counsel. Neither the information presented nor any opinion expressed constitutes a representation by us of a specific investment or the purchase or sale of any securities. Asset allocation and diversification do not ensure a profit or protect against loss in declining markets. This material was developed and produced by Advisor Websites to provide information on a topic that may be of interest. Copyright 2023 Advisor Websites.